Who Should Apply?
Rawson Saunders serves students with dyslexia in grades 1 through 12. Our students demonstrate curiosity, cooperation, and intelligence. In our innovative, student-centered environment, learners are inspired to explore an abundance of academic and creative opportunities.
The Rawson Saunders admissions process is designed to identify, through dialog with parents and professionals, those students who will benefit most from our specialized approach to teaching and learning. Through a multi-step process, we become acquainted with each prospective student and his or her unique academic abilities and needs.
Attendance to a Rawson Saunders Admissions Information Session is encouraged for all prospective parents. Admissions Information Session dates are listed in the sidebar on the right. To reserve a spot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Step 1—Completion and submission of the online application with supporting documents and application fee.
First Create an Account by clicking New user registration. Once logged in, go to the Online Application and click the start button to the right of Regular School Year Application. Once submitted, you will receive an email with a confirmation of your submission and a copy of your application for your records. Our Admissions Office will contact you once the application has been received.
- A completed application includes the following required documentation for a student to be considered at Rawson Saunders:
- A psycho-educational assessment by a licensed professional.
- Two teacher reference forms—Language Arts and Math.
- A record release form
- A copy of the students’ most recent report card, including conduct grades and/or comments.
- Reports from any other educational service providers who work with the student. This may include speech, occupational, or physical therapists; special education teachers; academic language therapists; or other tutors. If the student has an Individual Education Plan (IEP) at his or her current school, please include a copy.
Step 2—Parent Consultation
The Admissions Committee reviews each completed file and invites the parents of qualifying students to meet with the admissions staff and tour the campus.
Step 3—Two-Day Student Shadow Visit
Students whose profiles are determined to be well-suited to Rawson Saunders’ academic program may then schedule a two-day visit to enable the grade-level teaching team to assess in a natural classroom environment the student’s “fit” for Rawson Saunders.
Step 4 – Admissions Decision
The admissions committee carefully reviews all paperwork and teacher feedback following each student’s visit. Additional information may be requested from parents. The admissions office will notify parents by phone of the decision. Parents wishing to accept an offer of admissions will then submit enrollment paperwork and a non-refundable deposit to secure a place. In the event no open spots are available, accepted students may be placed on a waiting list.