Every parent is automatically a member of the Parent Association!
Parent participation is a vital part of the success of Rawson Saunders. The strong sense of community at our school grows from the many parents who are committed to building an extraordinary experience at Rawson Saunders for the students, the families and the entire staff.
Supporting these gifted children and their teachers creates unique opportunities to have fun and builds strong bonds with other families. Our dedication to the school shows our children that we stand behind them, and it is incredibly rewarding.
Thank you for your support!
Welcome 2021-2022 PA President Brigette Osborne!
Thank you to our 2020-2021 PA Board!
President: Kim Domo
Treasurer: Whitney Withers
Communications: Mindy Noonan
Parent Association meetings and events are open to all parents! Meetings will feature guest speakers and special topics of interest. PA events will be announced in the Rawson Saunders newsletter sent to all parents and will be posted on the calendar.
We're here to help! Please feel free to email the PA with any questions or if you'd like to volunteer!
The Parent Association hosts fabulous family socials, provides Parent Topic presentations by guest speakers at PA meetings, sponsors the school's Fall Fest, offers Spirit Wear sales, and showers teachers with appreciation events throughout the year. Funds are also raised for the school to be put toward faculty professional development and the school's Library World subscription.
As the RS Parent Association, our goal is to:
- Further connect parents, especially new parents by welcoming them to Rawson Saunders
- Encourage parent support of our school, teachers, and children by offering opportunities to participate and volunteer in meaningful PA meetings and events
- Inform parents, but not overwhelm them, by coordinating PA and school communications
The Parents Association shall support the School's philosophy, programs, and activities for the benefit of all students. The Parents Association shall facilitate communication and parent education as well as encourage and coordinate volunteerism. The Parents Association shall foster a spirit of inclusion, partnership, community, and cooperation.
Advisory classes have 6 to 10 same-grade students which meet with Teacher Advisors in the morning for attendance and again in the afternoon for homework, team building, or other scheduled activities. Advisory Parents will:
- Coordinate with Teacher Advisors and communicate with fellow grade-level parents about fun Advisory and grade-specific special events/activities
- Request for volunteers for grade-specific and school-wide events, including fundraising
- Communicate Parent Association information (the PA will coordinate with you as needed)
- Reach out to and welcome any new families entering the grade (new family information will be provided)